12 June, 2006

Right Flank Newbies


So I'm trying to figure out ways to get involved with the blogosphere and it is tough. Running from blog to blog, finding people with whom I agree and reading their work, but also wishing that someone would read mine. Then I got this idea.

If you look around, you'll see all of these blog alliances. Well, what if there was an alliance where conservative newbies posted and read each other's posts, commented and encouraged each other? What if they recruited other newbies to join and read and post? I think the idea would work, but I need help. So I'm starting the Right Flank Newbie Alliance.

I'm inviting fellow conservative newbies to join me. All you have to do is take the logo in this post and add it to your blog (Please copy it and store it on your own page, so I don't overload) and add me to your blogroll or links. We will keep only members of the Right Flank Newbies under the image. Then send me an email and I will add you to my blogroll and you'll have a new reader.

Before you join, be willing to do these three things:

1. Read alliance member blogs every day (as many as possible).

2. Try to comment on as many posts per day as possible, but at least 1. Agree, disagree it doesn't matter. What matters is talking.

3. Try to find new conservative voices to join the alliance. If you want to do those things, grab the logo and let's get to work building each other up. Who knows, we might be famous some day. I look forward to hearing from you.

10 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger CarpiJugulum said...

I love the free exchange of ideas and topics of disscussion. Though many will complain about my grammer and perhaps want to know why my spell checker is not working. I look foward to this new alliance and being a part of this.

Though the principle idea is to bring to the forefront issues of interest it will be great to see different individule opinions that may or may not be the same on topics.

By providing individual perspectives on issues that concern all. I hope people who read this will think, examine, and research the topics of issue.

I am excited to be a part of this.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Carnivore said...

I think I will give it a whirl as well. As you can see, I already have some folks that knwo whee I am at here in Blogger. Doghouse is good fella. In comparission, I have received more hits per day here than I had over at MSN spaces. Well for more than one reason. I will certianly add the emblem of conservatism to my page (steal, save to pc....post as own work .....teehee just like a lib.) and start the blog roll off with you until others come along and then I can do an alphabetical system again (use excell)

As carpijugulum stated, it is not so much as exposer, as what it is the exchange of ideas and thoughts. The communication aspects. I am for one thing, a little liberal when it comes to certian things, such as my current support for Evo Morales. However, I am not so sure about his petro ties with Hugo.

Enough said.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Carnivore said...

It is done and running right now.
The Logo looks pretty good too.

Take care friend.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger HonestAbe said...

Welcome all.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Carnivore said...

Anonymous,
Uh.... Of course we know of these. So do tell me, what had you not understood about the blog? This is for "newbies" and also for the connecting of such; therefore to spread the word and ideals of conservatism. So please do come back sometime and leave a link so we can discuss this in detail. Must I also remind you that you had forgotten some others as well, look at milblogs for example. Is this so bad that we are attempting to pattern this action after other proven successes? It works therefore we are doing it. A very distinct difference than what reinventing the wheel is.
Have a good day.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger HonestAbe said...

Thanks carnivore. I dumped him. He was a spammer just wanting to leave his address, that's all

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Hey, you guys should check out the New Blog Showcase here: http://showcase.mu.nu/ (Their server is down right now, but check a little later.)
Also The Alliance of the Anonymous (it's all in fun): http://macstansbury.blogspot.com/

Pick a few good-sized blogs, and park yourselves in the comments, and you'll get noticed! Also learn how to use trackbacks: http://badexample.mu.nu/archives/075139.php (so people will see your posts!)

::waving to Carnivore::

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Carnivore said...

Thanks for the tip Beth, I just can't get those little black heeled boots out of my mind.... wohoooooo. I have used the trackbacks before, however with some sites they just don't work well... or I am just not doing it right? hmmm.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Carnivore said...

Abe,
I just made an invitation to Hersteree to join the right flank newbies. Her (presumbly) writing and views in my opinoin are a welcomed asset.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home